Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Day

Had a nice conversation with Nassar Madyun about some of the similarities between Islam and Judaism. Not very familiar with Judaism, I explained where our connections began and what we consider to be our holy texts.

4:30 came early as did the lights, but luckily exhaustion beat out my tendency for insomnia and I was asleep again in minutes. Hopefully feeling refreshed and renewed the pilgrims will have a better chance to connect today. It will be one of our longest days since there is so much to see. I hope we don't fall into the trap of tourist consumption and rush to "see" everything with little to regard to being with what we encounter.

I found the wellness center (gym) at 6:30 am and did 30 minutes on the precor. Good way to start the morning. The hotel is already bustling.

I found 15 minutes to meditate and now we are on our way.

Blessings to all.

Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment